Sunday, August 06, 2006

Victory!

It was a hard push, but I did it!

In just over 48 hours, I cranked out 7,005 words. If only I could keep up that pace, I'd be done in ten days! (That sound you hear is hysterical laughter as I contemplate the possibility of maintaining this pace.)

I had plenty of momentum at the beginning, but the last 1000 words was like pulling teeth. I couldn't give up once I was that close though.

Also this weekend, my prologue was up on crapometer and I got lots of great feedback and advice. I made a bunch of tiny edits and now I feel like the prologue is finally on par with the rest of the story, which is a great feeling. It's nerve wrecking enough to feel like you have a giant weak spot, but it's even worse when that weak spot is the first thing that people (ie editors) read.

current word count: 37,555 (!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

>>>In just over 48 hours, I cranked out 7,005 words. If only I could keep up that pace, I'd be done in ten days!

Hon, the men with the little white coats are coming for you now....