Wednesday, August 02, 2006

progress!

Excellent update today:

I finished Chapter 10 -- a major accomplishment since that final scene was giving me fits.

I'm already over the 1000 word quota and I think I can squeeze out a few more paragraphs before bed.

And I got the nicest email today from someone who had read one of my old, old short stories that is apparently still posted online. I had forgotten all about the story and the feedback inspired me to go reread it. Upon reading it, I realized that there is a scene or two in there that is PERFECT for this novel. With just a little adapting and editing, I think I can find a home for some of those scenes. Which is exciting not only because it helps this story, but also because I really, really loved that story but had no idea what to do with it. I'm glad that part of it will find its way into something bigger and better.

current word count: 30,397

No comments: