Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hurricane Party

We're battening down the hatches here, preparing for Tropical Storm Ernesto. Dozens of schools are already announcing cancelations and delays for tomorrow. Right now it's dreary, but not particularly ominous. I may or may not leave the house tomorrow. (I'm leaning toward not -- four day weekend!)

Meanwhile, I'm baking a cake and I stocked up on movies. I'm really excited about Unveiled.

And of course, I'll be using the time to write. I need to edit first. I made some progress over the last two weeks (despite all the insanity that has been going on here). I'm caught up to the scene that I jumped ahead and wrote a few weeks back. But the last three chapters need some heavy editing to fix the flow.

And Winston would like y'all to know that he reads your comments, and yes, he is also an aspiring novelist....

Jarron Ennis said...

Cute pooch! And yeah, I just can't see how you get any writing done. Looks like the Poochmeister is trying to write his own novel....



current word count: 49,721


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See? Seeee???

I knew Poochmeister was a writer, too!

Anonymous said...

Don't leave the house. Sounds like you're all set with sweets and a good movie--why leave? I hadn't heard about "Unveiled". Looks great. Thx for the tip.

Anonymous said...

And sooo, how was "Unveiled"? You brought it up, so where's the review? Oh, wait, that's right...you have a book to finish. Never mind!