Tuesday, August 07, 2007

More than meets the eye


Jamie and I went to see Transformers this weekend....twice. Please excuse my dorkiness for a moment when I say: BEST MOVIE EVER.

Okay, seriously, I loved this movie. I know part of it is the nostalgia factor. I played with Transformers growing up and occasionally watched the cartoon. But the other part of it is that the movie was really, really good.

While the epic battle of good and evil and the seriously amazing special effects still appealed to the child in me, it definitely wasn't a kids movie (the PG-13 rating should be your first clue). The humor was on point and would have gone over the heads of most children. (The scene where Sam's mother grills him about whether or not he was masturbating "Sam's happy time!" was hilarious.) The acting was fantastic -- especially Shia LaBeouf. And the special effects were so good that the autobots and decepticons didn't look computer generated at all.

It was definitely the best movie I've seen in a long time. I can't wait for the next movie in the trilogy.

No comments: