Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ahoy Mateys!

My latest completed knitting project is a sweater for Henry. Hopefully he'll be able to wear it at the tail end of this winter, but more likely we'll have to wait until next winter.

The pattern is from Zoe Mellor's book Adorable Knits for Tots, and it's called "ship ahoy! sweater". I chose a different shade of blue for the main color, simply because I already had a bunch of the light blue sitting around begging for a purpose.

The directions were easy to follow assuming you actually pay attention -- otherwise you wind up ripping half of it out because you didn't realize you were supposed to be shaping the armholes at the same time you were working on the pattern. Not that I know anything about that... I loved the picture in the book, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. My only complaint is that the sizing was very broad. I would have really liked to make it in a 12-18 months size, since Henry turns one in November. Unfortunately, my choices were 6-12 months or 1-2 years. It looks like it is closer to two years than one, so he probably won't get much wear out of it this winter. Still, that's a pretty minor complaint, and overall, I'm really happy with it. There are tons of other cute patterns in this book. I've made one other and I can't wait to make a few more.


No comments: