Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Melting

Today we left the house for a quick errand at 9:30am. The thermometer on the porch was already at 82. When we got back an hour later, it was at 96.

A few minutes ago, I went outside to grab a forgotten toy out of the car and I thought my face was going to melt off my body. Also, possibly, my hair was singed by the strength of the sun's rays.

I need to find some baby-friendly indoor activities around here besides browsing at Barnes and Noble. Outdoor activities like the park are not an option for obvious reasons, and I'm tired of flipping through magazines and reading the backs of books I have no intention of buying or reading.

Meanwhile, sitting home playing with the same toys and reading the same board books day after day is melting my brain. And I'm not the only one.

Henry is on strike and refuses to play with any of his toys. He is only interested in my cell phone and my computer. I think he is trying to contact the outside world to ask them to send in backup. I can't say I blame him.

No comments: