Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Words of Encouragement

I just received this follow-up email from my beta reader.

I didn't see any problem with the pacing or the characters at all. It was a very pleasant read, which tells me that what you're doing is just fine. I think the areas I already commented on are about it from my POV. Of course, a professional editor might have other things to say, but I think if you tighten things up, as discussed, you'll have a good shot when submitting. I most enjoyed the way you presented that early attraction / tension between the two characters and your plan for the rest of the book sounds pretty good, too. I think you did that well and, in general, your writing is very good. I've beta read for a stack of people that haven't published yet and there has been a wide variety of skills. I'd put yours up there at the top. So keep writing!

It made my day and (hopefully) has inspired me to get back on track with my daily writing. All my edits are made now, so I have no more excuses. One thousands words per day minimum. I better get cracking if I'm going to make my quote for the day.

No comments: