Monday, July 31, 2006

Adult ADD

Not to make light of a serious disorder, but I seriously need to learn how to focus. I spent all weekend flitting from one project to another. I hammered out salary negotions for my Atlanta job (victoriously, I might add -- yay for a substantial raise), sat through a two-hour interview for a job that starts in two weeks and will get me through the end of the year, and sent out dozens of emails about jobs.

When I wasn't worrying about my job situation, I meandered around the house doing a whole lot of nothing. I did far less writing than I should have, but I did hit my 1000-word quota each day, so I can't complain too much. I also read a book and spent some quality time with the beast. And I watched a bunch of episodes of Mythbusters, which is a recent obsession.

Amazingly, as I was writing the World of Coke scene, I ran across a Travel Channel special that profiled it. Talk about good timing.

Current word count: 28,307

No comments: