Thursday, September 21, 2006

excuses

Yesterday was a wash, because Tuesday is my looong day. I'm either working or in class from 8am until 8pm. By the time I get home, I'm starving and exhausted, so yesterday I did what I normal do on Tuesdays -- vegged in front of the TV and pretended to do homework/study.

Today was a lot of fun. Page was in town visiting. We went to Spotted Dog and I got to meet Nancy. The cute waitress who I think has a crush on me was not our waitress. (Probably a good thing since Page would have done something to embarrass me, I'm sure.) Instead it was this sketchy old hippie woman who is incredibly awkward. Nice, but awkward. Afterward we came back here and Winston modeled his Halloween costumes. (Yes, that's plural. I couldn't decide, so I bought two.) Nancy thinks I should make a calendar of Winston in various outfits and sell it online.

Then I watched America's Next Top Model season premiere because I am a slave to pop culture. So far I only hate about 3/4 of the contestants, so we're off to a good start.

In between all this intellectual stimulation, I managed to edit my last chapter and get started on Chapter 19. I didn't get a whole lot done, but it's something.

current word count: 53,435

No comments: