Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Meet Henry

When I last posted, the little prince had yet to be born. And now he's already on the verge of crawling. He's the sweetest, most easy-going baby in the world. (Knock on wood -- watch him do his worst to prove me wrong tonight!) Yes, he has his moments, but they are few and far between. And I'm not just saying that, I swear. Generally, he is just happy to be alive and finds fun and adventure in everything. Despite a little stranger anxiety, he loves people, and often charms passersby with his infectious grin.

He wants so badly to be crawling, and it's so funny to watch him scoot all over the room on his tummy or get up on his hands and knees and rock and rock and rock and rock...only to collapse in a heap.

Jamie is utterly in love with him. Which is funny since she's not much of a baby person. She went with me to see him for the first time, and was too scared to even touch or hold him. But after eight months of exposure, all that nervousness has worn off. She reaches for him the second she walks in the door -- and he reaches for her too. The other night she got him ready for bed all by herself. She bathed him, massaged him, diapered him, dressed him, etc. I didn't do anything but offer encouragement. It was one of the sweetest things I've ever seen. I know kids of our own are a long ways off for us, but seeing her with Henry makes me eager for those days.

No comments: